If your child will be absent from school due to illness, you must contact us as soon as possible on the first day of absence; preferably before 9am.
- Call 01252 326573 and speak to a member of staff or leave a message
- Email email@example.com
- Visit the school office and inform a member of staff in person
If your child is absent we will:
- Text you in the morning on the first day of absence asking for you to contact the school office if we have not heard from you;
- Make a follow-up phone call if we still have not heard from you;
- Contact the other contacts that we have for your child (it is important that we have up-to-date information for emergency contacts) if we are still unable to contact you;
- Carry out a home visit if we cannot make telephone contact with anyone on the contact list;
- Contact the police (if we have concerns) if we cannot make contact whilst carrying out a home visit.
After this, we may:
- Invite you in to discuss the situation, if absences persist;
- Refer the matter to the Hampshire County Council if absence is unauthorised.
If you are not sure whether your child is well enough to attend school, or you need to discuss any issues that surround attendance matters, someone is always available to speak with. Please contact the school office, or your child's class teacher if you need to.
Our attendance policy clearly includes your responsibilities for ensuring your child's high attendance, and our responsibilities as a school.